Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Assyrian list
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Auteur Message
cmuk
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2014 7:04 pm    Sujet du message: Assyrian list Répondre en citant
I am very new to AdlG, I have played 2 games against other club members who haven't read the rules so I do not have much to go on!

Heres my attempt at a 300pt Assyrian list - it comes to 279pts so I have 21pts left for commanders.

Assyrian Army

Corps 1
5 Elite Heavy Chariots - Impact
2 Scythian Light Cavalry - Bow

Corps 2
3 Elite Guardsmen - Heavy Swordsmen, Armour, Support
5 Regular Infantry - ½ Heavy Swordsmen, ½ Bowmen
2 Egyptian Bowmen - Bow
2 Javelinmen
4 Light Infantry - Bow

Corps 3
2 Elite Heavy Cavalry - Bow
3 Heavy Cavalry - Bow
2 Mediocre Bedouin Light Camelry

Is it an Ok list? after I work out the 300pt list I will work out a reduced 200 pt list from it. Currently I only have 4 bases of Chariots, so this list will influence what I buy.

All feed back welcome! There's lots of options in the list regarding the mixed or supported infantry and I don't know what would be best?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2014 8:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
In France we're used to play 200 points because it's easy and quickplay.

If you want to play 300 points you should try to play 4 generals. Smile
borkil63
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2014 9:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hello,
I often play in 300 points. I think it's better for big battles. But in this case, u should play with 4 corps, so 4 generals.
Just for an example, watch this one.
http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3436

ps: sry for my bad english
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2014 9:26 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I, too, think that you need a fourth general. You're corps are quite large, which means that you may not have enough command 'pips' to move all of your units.

Unless I am using a strategist, I prefer to limit my corps frontage to 6 base widths.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2014 10:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I don't think is a good idea to have camels and horses in same battle, camels panics your own horses as well as ennemie's horses.
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 8:55 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Smile Same here, camels and horse in the same corps may leady to panic your own horses which gives them a -1 in combat. If camels than in their own corps or with foot to give the a little more protection vs horse attacks.

And yes, 300p with only 3 generals may leads to a no fun battle if you do not roll high numbers on the pip dice. Always slow moving, no 2nd or 3rd moves because the lack of pips.

On analys your army you should explain in short what role the corpses have in your battle plan, makes it better to comment if we know what the plan is....
cmuk
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 9:04 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks all for the feed back, I will split my big corps in to two and keep the corps size down to ~6.

While camels might be difficult to use with horse, Assyrian's used them and they look good on the table!
cmuk
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 9:15 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
chris6 a écrit:

On analys your army you should explain in short what role the corpses have in your battle plan, makes it better to comment if we know what the plan is....

Er a plan! Very Happy , I guess the Heavy Chariots are strong and the Assyrian HC are good so I would want engage my opponents centre and try and win quickly on the flanks to wheel round and join the centre.

I'm open to ideas though, I put the chariots on the flank due to their superiority against cav maybe they would be better in the centre?
Apa
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 9:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
hi cmuk,

I think you can keep 7 units in your 1st corps as Lh can support themselves being one behind the other. And 2 is always better than 1 as they can shoot with no penalty. But you should consider to give that corps to a good commander : your Elite deserve it as you always need Pips to keep such a powerful impact force dangerous, and Lh can act almost independently.

Light camelry can also be useful with infantry. First as Chris said they give more protection vs horse and they can be very useful for blocking evading Li or striking your enemy on his flank/rear when frontally engaged with your foot.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
chris6
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 10:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Your plan seems to be very universal...smash the flanks and suround opponents center. But consider 99% of your opponents will plan the same. This means they put their good troops on their flanks....so your good troops will rely on luck to break the opponents flank if we consider the best of both meet.

Maybe think of something more unusual: Flankmarch with a small corps to make opponent always care about his camp and his back. Think about using med inf. with terrain/ambush.

Counting your BGs I come up to 30 in a 300 point army. Not much I think....I have the same in my late medieval burgundians when using a lot of knights only 20 BGs in 200 Points. Means you can die very fast....put a little more flesh on your bones....like med.inf. probably spearmen which can keep up with opponents cav at least a while.
cmuk
Frondeur

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 9:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks again for the advice I'm sure anyone starting out will find it useful.

On reflection I have decided to start with 200pts - then upgrade, was probably getting ahead of myself!

So here's V2 - plan is to be flexible, good commanders, quick medium infantry.

Chariot Corps - Competent Commander Inc
4 Elite Heavy Chariots - Impact

Cavalry Corps - Brilliant Commander Inc
2 Elite Medium Cavalry - Bow
2 Medium Cavalry - Bow
2 Scythian Light Cavalry - Bow

Infantry Corps
Brilliant Commander
2 Elite Guardsmen - Medium Swordsmen, Armour, Support
4 Regular Infantry - ½ Medium Swordsmen, ½ Bowmen
4 Light Infantry - Sling
2 Mediocre Bedouin Light Camelry

All feedback welcome.
Thomas
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 9:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The general of the chariot should be replace by an ordinary one.

I think that Medium cavalry bow must be elite.

One camel mediocre might be enough.

But it's a good army, difficult to break off. Your corps of infantry is built very well. Good jobs Very Happy

Gengis Khan
Soranon
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2014 10:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think you need just one LH in your first corps

For cancelling dodge if you play against an horse archer army...
fdunadan
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
put the LH camel with your Chariots.
they will weaken the ennemy by firing, and can block the dodging of cavalry by passing behind them (and giving them an extra -1 of panic if they contact the back)
the competent general is needed.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Army lists
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: