Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Clarifications
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Jhykronos
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 09, 2021 11:08 am    Sujet du message: Clarifications Répondre en citant
Stuff that has come up:

1. If an unmanoeuvrable impetuous unit performs a difficult move instead of making a charge to a valid target, does it cost 3 CP or 4 CP? (pretty sure it's 4 based on page 25, but a lot of places in the rules say ANY other move costs 3 without qualification).

2. On the bottom of page 51, the box "Another Example" states that A3 must conform to B2 on its turn or move to break contact. This is clear. But what if it is B's turn? B2 is now supporting the melee between B1 and A2... does this mean it cannot conform to A3 without a movement order or does a conform into melee override being merely in simple support of another unit?

3. I asked this in another thread, but got no reply. Page 14, it talks about War Wagons and the Battle Ready state. It says that a Battle Ready WWg can spend a CP to recover from Battle Ready, then may move in the same phase. Is the opposite also true? Could a War Wagon spend a CP to move, then another CP to become Battle Ready?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Juin 09, 2021 3:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
1 the page 25 reference says see p 45 for details. p45 1st bullet "any maneuver other than..." costs 3 CP. This would imply that even a difficult is included. So I would assume 3 CP. But I see your understandable question and t should be confirmed.

2 So as you have changed it to B2's phase. the left column under "already in contact" is in effect so B2 does not need to conform as it supports B1. So therefore all the required conforming is void. As you note B2 could spend CP to make a move.

3 Yes as long as it adheres to the rules regarding multiple movements.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Jhykronos
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 10, 2021 8:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Hazelbark a écrit:
1 the page 25 reference says see p 45 for details. p45 1st bullet "any maneuver other than..." costs 3 CP. This would imply that even a difficult is included. So I would assume 3 CP. But I see your understandable question and t should be confirmed.

2 So as you have changed it to B2's phase. the left column under "already in contact" is in effect so B2 does not need to conform as it supports B1. So therefore all the required conforming is void. As you note B2 could spend CP to make a move.

3 Yes as long as it adheres to the rules regarding multiple movements.

1. Right, because either the move costs 3, or it costs anywhere from 3 to 6.
2. This is how I have been doing it in v3 and v4, but I wanted to be certain since they never have that situation as an example.
3. So Battle Ready-ing is actually considered a move? It would have been nice if that got mentioned in the movement section somewhere. Same with emplacing stakes, I suppose.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 10, 2021 9:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Jhykronos a écrit:

3. So Battle Ready-ing is actually considered a move? It would have been nice if that got mentioned in the movement section somewhere. Same with emplacing stakes, I suppose.

Ah I see your question now. I misunderstood. Let me re-read. I was not explicitly thinking in this context.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 10, 2021 9:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So I think it counts as a move, because all CP expenditures are moves per p 25. Even a rally is a move.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 10, 2021 9:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Item 1.
Looking under manoeuvrability p34.
One continues over page to p35 there we have specific cases.
Last item Impetuous.
Max cp is 3.
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 10, 2021 10:01 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Dickstick a écrit:
Item 1.
Looking under manoeuvrability p34.
One continues over page to p35 there we have specific cases.
Last item Impetuous.
Max cp is 3.

Nice!
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 11, 2021 11:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Agreed Dickstick, that it costs 3CP for an unmanoeuverable unit to make any move within charge range of an enemy that does not contact the enemy (p25, p35, p45).

P34 also includes other difficult manoeuvres for unmanoeuverable units, so the potential confusion is that doing several difficult actions would add further penalties. However, players should note the first paragraph of Difficult Manoeuvres which states "If several causes make a manoeuvre difficult, the total expense is still only one additional CP."

So here, if there were several potential penalties for making the move, the cost to move the unmanoeuverable unit is still just 3CP.
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 18, 2021 3:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So it’s 3 CP to do a any move (other than a charge or to provide support), difficult or not, for impetuous troops within charge reach. You don’t add +1 for difficult to this 3.

But what about if the commander is too far away or in combat? Do you still add+1 and get to 4 CP total if either of these are the case?
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Sep 18, 2021 5:22 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:

But what about if the commander is too far away or in combat? Do you still add+1 and get to 4 CP total if either of these are the case?

I believe you would per p 25-26

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: