Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Do enemy block ZOCs?
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 12, 2021 2:06 pm    Sujet du message: Do enemy block ZOCs? Répondre en citant
The rules do not say that enemy units block ZOCs (unless I missed something). Is it correct that one enemy unit between a friend and another enemy does not block ZOCs on the other enemy unit?

For example, assume my unit #1 ZOCs enemy unit A, but he interpositions a another unit (B) between a my unit (#1) and his units (A), does this cut #1’s ZOC on A?

…………..BBBBBBBBBB

AAAAAAAA

or even

BBBBBBBBBBB

AAAAAAAAAAA

In either of these cases does B block 1’s. ZOC on B?

If I missed something and enemy units block ZOCs what is required to do so? How much does the second enemy unit have to intervene to cut the ZOC?

Note, this is not about most threatening enemy, just whether the ZOC is exerted at all on the further enemy?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 12, 2021 4:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
The rules do not say that enemy units block ZOCs (unless I missed something). Is it correct that one enemy unit between a friend and another enemy does not block ZOCs on the other enemy unit?

For example, assume my unit #1 ZOCs enemy unit A, but he interpositions a another unit (B) between a my unit (#1) and his units (A), does this cut #1’s ZOC on A?

…………..BBBBBBBBBB

AAAAAAAA

or even

BBBBBBBBBBB

AAAAAAAAAAA

If I missed something and enemy units block ZOCs what is required to do so? How much does the second enemy unit have to intervene to cut the ZOC?

Note, this is not about most threatening enemy, just whether the ZOC is exerted at all on the further enemy?

I'm a bit confused as to who's the enemy and who's the friend in your post, but however its read you've either missed the 3rd bullet point on p35 under "Definition", or the the 4th bullet on p38 "Exceptions to ZoC"
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 12, 2021 6:49 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
As MX says, B blocks 1's ZOC in the second diagram as it completely masks A. But not in the first diagram, where A would be limited in how it could move.

---

Given the size of unit bases, B would be a few millimeters from 1.

B is directly in front and closest, so it is the most threatening enemy and would be who 1 has to charge anyway..

It's messier if B is facing away. Then A is the most threatening (in the first diagram) and because 1 can slide and advance into contact with A, it would not be able to hit B
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Déc 12, 2021 11:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
KevinD a écrit:

…………..BBBBBBBBBB

AAAAAAAA

or even

BBBBBBBBBBB

AAAAAAAAAAA

I'm a bit confused as to who's the enemy and who's the friend in your post, but however its read you've either missed the 3rd bullet point on p35 under "Definition", or the the 4th bullet on p38 "Exceptions to ZoC"

Thank you I had missed the 4th bullet under on p 38 regarding exceptions.

So in the above, A exerts a ZOC on A in the first diagram (where B only partially intervenes) tree nest) but not the second (where B completely intervenes between 1 and A.
Mike Bennett
Centurion

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 13, 2021 11:34 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
NB: If you can interpenetrate your friend he does not block your ZoC. Eg LF infront of heavy troops
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 13, 2021 4:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Kevin,

p 38 "entirely behind friendly unit."

So Side A can block side B. But a unit still has a zoc on the unobstructed area.

Side B does not block the ZOC of Side B units they can interpenetrate. (p 35)
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 13, 2021 6:46 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Agreed. Using the OP diagrams, unit A exerts a ZOC through B and on to 1.
Unit B blocks the ZOC of unit 1 provided it covers the entire front edge of unit 1.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: