Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Disengaging (group moves)
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
madaxeman
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Jeu Fév 24, 2022 11:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Theodoric a écrit:
So if the enemy X is Heavy Spearmen, are all the points correct?

To follow on from Za’s general points, I would suggest waiting until such a constellation of unlikely bedfellows forming a group are engaged (and not engaged) with an enemy spearman, and that they decide that breaking off is the right tactical decision to make for all three of them, and they are fortunate enough that it is their turn so they can do this. 

If that situation ever arises, either ask an umpire, discuss with your opponent and form a consensus, or just toss a coin to decide, as this isn’t really covered by the rules, most probably as it is incredibly and astonishingly unlikely to occur so has not been considered before - and may indeed never happen. 
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 25, 2022 12:30 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
madaxeman a écrit:
Theodoric a écrit:

To follow on from Za’s general points, I would suggest waiting until such a constellation of unlikely bedfellows forming a group are engaged (and not engaged) with an enemy spearman, and that they decide that breaking off is the right tactical decision to make for all three of them, and they are fortunate enough that it is their turn so they can do this. 

If that situation ever arises, either ask an umpire, discuss with your opponent and form a consensus, or just toss a coin to decide, as this isn’t really covered by the rules, most probably as it is incredibly and astonishingly unlikely to occur so has not been considered before - and may indeed never happen. 

I respectfully disagree. It’s better that everyone know what the rule is ahead of the game. No one (meaning at a minimum: me) likes to be surprised by a quick call by a ref under pressure during a game. Both sides deserve to know who can break off and under what conditions. Better to have these decisions debated, the oracles consulted and decision reached and disseminated ahead of time.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Fév 25, 2022 11:43 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
But then what would be left for the umpires to do? Wink

Dave
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 9:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Theodoric a écrit:
I am still struggling to clearly understand the Disengagement rules-

X
ABC

X = Enemy Heavy Cavalry
A = Light Cavalry Bow
B = Heavy Cavalry Bow
C = Medium Knight Impetuous

The Light Horse is in melee and is faster than the enemy Heavy Cavalry therefore it can Disengage.

B and C form a group with the Light Cavalry A so they can Disengage with the Light Horse?

The Group moves back 2 UD (one UD less than slowest unit) facing the enemy?

Unit B can shoot because it was not in melee?

The move costs 2CP because of the Impetuous Medium Knight taking part in the move, 3CP if the unit had a target for a Spontaneous Charge?

Didyou really saw this in a game, or it's just to ask new question?
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 9:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
lionelrus a écrit:
Theodoric a écrit:

X
ABC

X = Enemy Heavy Cavalry
A = Light Cavalry Bow
B = Heavy Cavalry Bow

The Light Horse is in melee and is faster than the enemy Heavy Cavalry therefore it can Disengage.

B and C form a group with the Light Cavalry A so they can Disengage with the Light Horse?

The Group moves back 2 UD (one UD less than slowest unit) facing the enemy?

Unit B can shoot because it was not in melee?

The move costs 2CP because of the Impetuous Medium Knight taking part in the move, 3CP if the unit had a target for a Spontaneous Charge?

Did you really saw this in a game, or it's just to ask new question?

lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 9:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Theodoric a écrit:

X
ABC

X = Enemy Heavy Cavalry
A = Light Cavalry Bow
B = Heavy Cavalry Bow

Spontaneous charge has no cost, holding INCONTROLED charge cost 3CPs Read again, young Padawan!.
lionelrus
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Fév 26, 2022 9:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
madaxeman a écrit:
Theodoric a écrit:

I respectfully disagree. It’s better that everyone know what the rule is ahead of the game. No one (meaning at a minimum: me) likes to be surprised by a quick call by a ref under pressure during a game. Both sides deserve to know who can break off and under what conditions. Better to have these decisions debated, the oracles consulted and decision reached and disseminated ahead of time.

And i respecfully disagree. It may seem ununderstable, but some people have true lives, and realy doesn't like spending time answering situations NEVER SEEN IN GAME, spécialy in competition. So, if you want put yourself in esoteric situation, ask umptre before do it. In friendly game, roll a dice.

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 2 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: