Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Conforming from side by side
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 11:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I think this comes down to the question - what does the unit do if it does not have a legal move away?

Example - a unit that is not impetuous or capable of evading, ZOCed from the side so it does not have a free charge forward, not enough CPs to do a move as the general is fighting/out of range.

Does it just stay in side to side contact?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 1:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
JohnTheBoring a écrit:
I think this comes down to the question - what does the unit do if it does not have a legal move away?

Example - a unit that is not impetuous or capable of evading, ZOCed from the side so it does not have a free charge forward, not enough CPs to do a move as the general is fighting/out of range.

Does it just stay in side to side contact?

And the answer is on page 51. Where A1 does not slide to conform because it is in a ZOC and stays in corner to corner without fighting.

In the original question the light chariot has to charge, evade (Pg 37) or use CPs to move in some other way. 
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 6:09 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
So, it seems that the more complete answer to the highly improbable situation posed is as follows; 

From p51. 2nd para; Where possible, a player is compelled to move a unit that is in contact with the enemy whilst also being in the ZoC of another enemy. Thus
  • If the unit does not have a “free†move available, the player must spend CP to move the unit. 
  • Where the player has insufficient CP to move the unit, he may only use the commander’s CP.
    (And before anyone asks, I suggest that any ‘spare’ CP are lost rather than being available for use elsewhere.) 
Note
The diagram on p51 shows a situation where Conformation is not possible, but is incorrect in suggesting that the player may choose to allow the unit to stay in place.  However, there may be circumstances where the player is forced to leave the unit in place, in which case it does not take part in a melee. 
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 7:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
I suggest that any ‘spare’ CP are lost rather than being available for use elsewhere.

I think the CP must be used for this "if possible" as the priority. I don't see why if they cannot be used for that they are lost.
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 7:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
So, it seems that the more complete answer to the highly improbable situation posed is as follows; 

From p51. 2nd para; Where possible, a player is compelled to move a unit that is in contact with the enemy whilst also being in the ZoC of another enemy. Thus
  • If the unit does not have a “free†move available, the player must spend CP to move the unit. 
  • Where the player has insufficient CP to move the unit, he may only use the commander’s CP.
    (And before anyone asks, I suggest that any ‘spare’ CP are lost rather than being available for use elsewhere.) 
Note
The diagram on p51 shows a situation where Conformation is not possible, but is incorrect in suggesting that the player may choose to allow the unit to stay in place.  However, there may be circumstances where the player is forced to leave the unit in place, in which case it does not take part in a melee. 

I think you are adding lots of extra unwritten rules and exceptions to overcome the diagram on page 51, which itself logically flows from the top right bullet on p 51 where it says “ZOC… take precedence over obligations to conformâ€.

We are told the rules are generally laid out as general rule followed by exceptions. Using that logic:

If the ZOC rules and diagram are simply read as a specific exception to the general conforming obligation, then you don’t have to invent new text or assume the diagram on p51 is wrong. The bullet on p 51 is an exception to the conforming rules in a specific case, and the diagram simply shows how you implement the rule and exception in this particular case.
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 8:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:

From p51. 2nd para; Where possible, a player is compelled to move a unit that is in contact with the enemy whilst also being in the ZoC of another enemy. Thus [list][*]If the unit does not have a “free†move available, the player must spend CP to move the unit. 
[*]Where the player has insufficient CP to move the unit, he may only use the commander’s CP.

Hi Gavin....Is this the official response?

Jesse
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 8:47 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Not yet Jesse, I am still trying to get hold of EK. 
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 05, 2022 9:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:
Not yet Jesse, I am still trying to get hold of EK. 
👍

He’ll be in Rome this weekend, I think.
Hazelbark
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 10, 2022 9:42 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
El Kreator and I discussed. So i am here the imprefect conveyor of information.
The next FAQ will state, that there is no requirement by a player to spend a CP to resolve this situation. There is no requirement for the unit to use a spontaneous charge, there is no requirement that an internal general CP be used.

So "if at all possible" does not compel player action. If compels the unit to make conformation if at all possible if there are no extenuanting circumstances.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 10, 2022 10:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I'm confused.

Does it have to confirm or not?

Unless there is an R in the month?

Let's make the "clear as mud" clearer please
SteveR
Prétorien

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 10, 2022 10:58 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
It does not have to conform.

It also does not have to charge.

Assuming the FAQ is written as Dan has foretold.
Dickstick
Légat

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 10, 2022 11:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Then the words can be deleted?
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Ven Juin 10, 2022 11:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I agree, also confused. So a corps has 4CP and spends 3 on various actions and wastes the last. Theres no requirement to spend the wasted CP to resolve the situation? Wats the point of the words 'if at all possible'?
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 3:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I read Dan’s post to say:

If ZOCs prevent you from conforming, you can sit in place instead of being forced to spend a CP to charge or escape or doing a spontaneous charge. As per the top right diagram on page 51.

(If there were no ZOCs you would have to conform if you didn’t spend a CP to get out of the conforming situation.)
JohnTheBoring
Auxiliaire

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 10:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Hazelbark and Kevin. That is clear...... to me at least!

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: