Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre
 
FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Ming Chinese War Wagons - in 15mm ?
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Auteur Message
Mark G Fry
Légat


Inscrit le: 15 Juin 2017
Messages: 646
Localisation: Bristol, UK
MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 29, 2026 7:30 pm    Sujet du message: Ming Chinese War Wagons - in 15mm ? Répondre en citant
Hello all

I am looking to finish off a long standing (outstanding) project, which is my 15mm Ming Chinese.

I've found a rather nice 28mm model: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-ming-empire-war-wagon-pian-xiang-che-557282 - but need them to be 15mm - & before anybody states I can just scale the 28mm model down - I've checked and it wont scale down without a lot of work - sadly.

I had heard a rumor, on the UK wargames circuit, that somebody had designed a 3D print Ming war wagon file or had a 15mm metal version sculpted and cast - but I'm not sure if that is just a rumor or if these are available? I could have a go at converting them (as I only need 6 - 3 deployed and 3 on the move) but if one is available I'd rather go with that.

Anyway, all help much appreciated.
Many thanks
Mark
_________________
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis
Revenir en haut de page
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Three
Prétorien


Inscrit le: 20 Déc 2017
Messages: 244
MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 30, 2026 6:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
This might be a rumour source?

https://fanaticus.boards.net/thread/1932/15mm-ancient-chinese-war-carts?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic
Revenir en haut de page
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Mark G Fry
Légat


Inscrit le: 15 Juin 2017
Messages: 646
Localisation: Bristol, UK
MessagePosté le: Mer Sep 30, 2026 8:41 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Thanks Three.
These look like the 'Ten Kingdoms' Chinese 'knife carts'. Which are very nice but not what I am looking for sadly.

These knife carts appear in later Southern Song manuscripts and again in Ming armies (so were probably used by the Yuan as well). I have a photograph of a modern reconstruction in my book.
The Khmer have something similar in the C12th as well, as illustrated on temple carvings.

From an ADLG perspective these are probably best represented as War Wagon, blade. But I'd only have 0-2 at most in the Chinese lists (in addition & as substitutes for the ordinary War wagons in the Ming list). And as War wagon, blades, mediocre in the Khmer list (0-1) and only available in the chinese influenced armies of Jayavarman VII.
Both could be added to the army lists when next updated.

The Ming war wagons I am looking for are large two wheeled carts, drawn by 2 horses or oxen, with high protective sides & fronts & rear panels that fold out. Wargames Atlantic do a lovely one, but it is in 28mm (sadly) and I need 15mm.

But thankyou for the Yiutube find Very Happy
Mark
_________________
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis
Revenir en haut de page
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
  
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Miniatures and painting
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

 
Sauter vers:  
Vous ne pouvez pas poster de nouveaux sujets dans ce forum
Vous ne pouvez pas répondre aux sujets dans ce forum
Vous ne pouvez pas éditer vos messages dans ce forum
Vous ne pouvez pas supprimer vos messages dans ce forum
Vous ne pouvez pas voter dans les sondages de ce forum