Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Possible Error on Page 18 (Missile Support)
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
Longtooth
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 02, 2022 9:46 am    Sujet du message: Possible Error on Page 18 (Missile Support) Répondre en citant
Hello,

Based upon Lionelrus' musings on the 'French way of life', I believe there to be a fundamental difference between a special ability being 'cancelled' and 'not applied'.

With this in mind, I think there is an contradiction of terms on Page 18 (furious charge). The fourth bullet point at the top-right corner of the page says that furious charge 'does not apply' against foot units with missile support ability when charged by mounted units. This is contradicted on page 20 (missile support), which says that missile support only 'cancels' the furious charge of mounted units.

Based upon my understanding of Lionelrus' philosophy, if the missile support cancels mounted furious charge, then the mounted unit should still retain the ability to cancel enemy armour in the first round of combat. However, if the furious charge does not apply, then the mounted unit would be unable to cancel enemy armour in the first round of combat, as the furious charge rule would not be in effect.

Regards,
Jesse

Dernière édition par Longtooth le Mer Mar 02, 2022 7:57 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 02, 2022 3:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Longtooth a écrit:
Hello,

I think there is a fundamental difference between a special ability being 'cancelled' and 'not applied'.

With this in mind, I think there is an error on Page 18 (furious charge). The fourth bullet point at the top-right corner of the page says that furious charge 'does not apply' against foot units with missile support ability when charged by mounted units. This is contradicted on page 20 (missile support), which says that missile support only 'cancels' the furious charge of mounted units.

If the missile support cancels mounted furious charge, then the mounted unit should still retain the ability to cancel enemy armour in the first round of combat. However, if the furious charge does not apply, then the mounted unit would be unable to cancel enemy armour in the first round of combat, as the furious charge rule would not be in effect.

Regards,
Jesse

It seems to me they mean the same thing, and in both cases negate the extra cohesion hit when the mounted win and the ability to ignore armor. If an ability is canceled or does not apply none of its benefits apply unless explicitly noted elsewhere in the rules.
AlanCutner
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 02, 2022 4:36 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
There are now two threads on this issue. I'm struggling to follow the arguments. But I do get that the way we understood special abilities to work is being thrown up in the air to the extent the rules may no longer be playable until there is clear ruling from the DT.

For personal reasons I'm having to take a months break from gaming. I really hope this is resolved by the time I get my toys out again.
daveallen
Tribun

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 02, 2022 5:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
AlanCutner a écrit:
There are now two threads on this issue. I'm struggling to follow the arguments. But I do get that the way we understood special abilities to work is being thrown up in the air to the extent the rules may no longer be playable until there is clear ruling from the DT.

For personal reasons I'm having to take a months break from gaming. I really hope this is resolved by the time I get my toys out again.

Alan,

I think unplayable's a tad hyperbolic. The rules are well laid down for most of this with only two or three distinct cases where there's any disagreement. The DT will get to it I'm sure and in the meantime if players disagree in a game there's provision in the rules for resolving that.

All the best,

Dave

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: