Art De La Guerre
Bienvenue sur le forum de discussion de la règle de jeu l'Art De La Guerre

FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher Liste des MembresListe des Membres Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs S'enregistrerS'enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion
Placing Stakes as a Group & Other Questions re. Stakes
Page 1 sur 1
 Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Auteur Message
KevinD
Légat

MessagePosté le: Mar Sep 21, 2021 4:01 pm    Sujet du message: Placing Stakes as a Group & Other Questions re. Stakes Répondre en citant
Is it 1 CP per unit or per group to place stakes?
The rules seem to imply per unit but I didn’t see anything explicitly about this one way or the other saying that this is not allowed as a group action.

If allowed by group, do all the units in the relevant have to have stakes to place? For example, if there is a group of three units in a line and the middle unit does not have stakes (or already placed its stakes or lost them earlier) can the other two still place stakes as a group even though there is a unit in their group without stakes between them?
I have no idea, since the rules never discuss groups placing stakes AFAIK.

Can you place stake when units are deployed (or revealed in ambush)?
The rules seem to say not, as it requires spending CPs to do it.

Can swordsmen (or light infantry) interpenetrate archers who have deployed stakes?
I assume so as it does not seem to be prohibited and swordsmen (or light infantry) generally can interpenetrate archers. But the swordsmen can’t benefit from the stakes.

If swordsmen (or LMI) can interpenetrate archers behind stakes and need to adjust the position of the archers, are the stakes lost?
I assume so as this adjustment is a move of sorts.

Troops who are interpenetrated by anyone other than LI and moved back cannot move or rally. Can they place stakes?
I assume not as you can’t move and place stakes and being pushed back when interpenetrated is a move of sorts.

There are many specific rules about how troops behind Fortifications and Obstacles behave. Do any of these apply to troops behind stakes if they don’t explicitly mention troops behind stakes?
I assume not.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 27, 2021 12:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
KevinD a écrit:
Is it 1 CP per unit or per group to place stakes?
The rules seem to imply per unit but I didn’t see anything explicitly about this one way or the other saying that this is not allowed as a group action.

If allowed by group, do all the units in the relevant have to have stakes to place? For example, if there is a group of three units in a line and the middle unit does not have stakes (or already placed its stakes or lost them earlier) can the other two still place stakes as a group even though there is a unit in their group without stakes between them?
I have no idea, since the rules never discuss groups placing stakes AFAIK.
Yes, it is 1CP for the entire group, and the units forming the group do not all have to possess stakes.

KevinD a écrit:
Can you place stake when units are deployed (or revealed in ambush)?
The rules seem to say not, as it requires spending CPs to do it.
Yes, in the same way that mounted troops in ambush can be declared 'dismounted' when they are revealed, or WWG can be declared 'battle-ready'. Note, all such situations carry a penalty; if the stakes are revealed to be deployed it costs 1CP to recover them or they are lost if the units move without doing so.

KevinD a écrit:
Can swordsmen (or light infantry) interpenetrate archers who have deployed stakes?
I assume so as it does not seem to be prohibited and swordsmen (or light infantry) generally can interpenetrate archers. But the swordsmen can’t benefit from the stakes.
Yes they can interpenetrate and, since the swordsmen would be moved in front of the stakes they do not receive any benefit.

KevinD a écrit:
Troops who are interpenetrated by anyone other than LI and moved back cannot move or rally. Can they place stakes?
I assume not as you can’t move and place stakes and being pushed back when interpenetrated is a move of sorts.
No, heavier units displaced in this way may not make any move or rally (p53)

KevinD a écrit:
There are many specific rules about how troops behind Fortifications and Obstacles behave. Do any of these apply to troops behind stakes if they don’t explicitly mention troops behind stakes?
I assume not.
No, stakes operate in a subtly different manner - eg if forced to conform from behind stakes, they are lost unlike fortifications

KevinD a écrit:
If swordsmen (or LMI) can interpenetrate archers behind stakes and need to adjust the position of the archers, are the stakes lost?
I assume so as this adjustment is a move of sorts.
This is not covered explicitly by the rules, but I agree that the stakes are lost (unless El Kreator thinks otherwise)
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 23, 2022 7:30 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
I will add a question here, to keep things together for everyone's convenience. The question originates from something asserted on the fB group.

A rank of bow-sword-bow is declared a group and the bow plant stakes. Does this mean the sword:
1. is prohibited from prior or subsequent movement this turn?
2. has expended 1 of possibly 2 or 3 movement segments?
3. May move without further restriction?
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 23, 2022 11:44 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
The group of three units expend one CP for the two bowmen units to place stakes.

The player may spend an additional CP to move the intervening swordsmen again, though it is unlikely they could move a third time (see multiple movements).

However, if the bowmen are moved at this point the placed stakes will be lost. 
Za Otlichiye
Signifer

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 02, 2022 1:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
Ramses II a écrit:

However, if the bowmen are moved at this point the placed stakes will be lost. 

Ramses II, in a prior thread http://www.artdelaguerre.fr/adlg/v3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9033 you stated placing/removing stakes replaced movement. That would mean the bowmen could not move until next turn, correct? [Thank you RII. Much appreciated.]

Dernière édition par Za Otlichiye le Sam Avr 02, 2022 6:28 pm; édité 1 fois
Ramses II
Magister Militum

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 02, 2022 3:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant
No. In a movement phase, a unit or group may make up to three moves (see multiple moves).
In each case the unit may move, or place / retrieve stakes.

So, assuming the unit is outside 4UD of enemy units (ambush markers etc), the unit may use one CP to move and then a second CP to place stakes. In reverse, the unit can retrieve stakes and then make a move for 2 CP.

However, if the unit spends one CP to place the stakes and then uses a second CP to move, the stakes will be lost. 

Does that make better sense ??

Art De La Guerre Index du Forum > Rules question V4
Page 1 sur 1
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT

Sauter vers: